Knowing what all we will experience in the next few days is so overwhelming and I'm trying to not let my mind get ahead of myself. I want to soak in everything, take it slow, and be intentional about everything we do while we're there. Our time with him at this point is very limited and precious.
The birth parent meeting is where my mind is staying right now. I have a list of questions for her and I have it written down what I want her to know about us. We created a photo book of our family and some of the updated pictures we've received of him as we've waited to show her who we are, how he's growing, and where he'll be. We understand we're unable to give her anything else, as it may be seen as a bribe in their culture, but I can't help but think is this enough? How do you thank a young woman who has given you a gift of such love?
I pray we are able to portray our family well, and she will know she made a good choice for her son.
The snow has kept us inside and away from church and work this week. I haven't gotten to say all the good-byes I wanted to but this will have to suffice. We'll be home shortly and be eager to tell all about our little guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment