Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day, Buddy!

There's nothing sweeter than this boy...my snugglebug.  Lover of all things Toy Story and leader of the marching band.  Tender-hearted, pure silliness, spontaneous.  He's just delicious.  Eat him up!

He's been concerned about our trip to "Eepiopia" and doesn't understand why he can't come.  He told us one night on the way home from church that, "I'll just stay right here in my car seat and Daddy's gonna drive real, real, real fast and we'll all go to Eepiopia!"  That was a hard conversation.  He just doesn't comprehend.  Thankfully, he trusts us.  We told him he'd be staying a few days with Nana and then a few days with Granny and Pa.  He thinks he's going on his own 'trip' while we go on ours.  He can't wait!

He's decided that he loves Valentine's Day.  We bought Toy Story 3 valentines...shocker...and he's ready to pass them out!  For a while, he's been looking forward to Valentine's Day because he knows Justin and I will get to be with 'baby brudder' then.  It was a sad day when he realized we weren't going to bring him home.  Cooper is a lot like me in that he likes to have something to look forward to so I had an idea to hopefully keep him interested in his trip and not miss us too much.  I made him a Valentine Bag.  It has a small valentine gift to open each day that we'll be away from him.  It's cheapo stuff like a coloring book and piece of candy, for instance.  He's seen this bag around the house and I can't believe he hasn't asked about it.  He's going to be so excited when he realizes it's for him!


Between his 'trip' and his Valentine Bag, we're hoping he has a great time while we're away!

Sweetness:
Kissing girls (one at a time) has been a hot topic at our house lately.  Oh, goodness.  One day I asked him what love meant.  His answer?  "Balentimes!"  Later on that day, I asked him what you did when you loved someone.  He said, "Give 'em Balentimes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment