Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What awesome friends we have!!

These past few days have been full of telling friends our happy news and a little bit of nerves.....okay, a lot of nerves!  I was somewhat nervous about letting everyone know about our adoption because I do know there is some controversy to it and I wasn't sure how I would handle the possiblity of insensitive or uneducated responses.  I always dread the worst and so far, all we have received has been pure encouragement!  Thank you for all of the sweet comments, hugs, excited squeals, and thoughtful emails.  You have calmed my head and given me some affirmation that we really are doing what is best for our family.  Thank you for telling me what a great big brother Cooper will be someday.  I have tears just thinking about it.  I thank God that he has given us such a sensitive, loving child who will no doubt be a helper and very protective of a younger sibling.  We are so appreciative of the love we have been shown by all of you! 
On a little bit of a different note, to explain my fears, I'll try hard not to make this sound like a rant but I just want to make something clear...In no way do we think that our adoption will even put a dent in the orphan crisis around the world.  It is definitely one reason why I have always wanted to adopt and we chose specifically Ethiopia partially for this reason also but I just don't want anyone to think that we are trying to 'save the world', have a child as our charity case or think that we want a little 'trophy' baby.  This is our family we're talking about and as always, God comes first and we look to him when making decisions.  We are trusting his guidance and know that he will complete our family.  If we truly believe that he knows us before we are born and he knits us together in our mothers' womb, how can we not believe that God is preparing a child for us right now?  I love being a mom and I love children.  I have no ulterior motive.  How did I do?  Too rant-ish?  Sorry.

1 comment: