Our home study was scheduled for Thursday afternoon at 4:30. I stressed all week, cleaned and organized, stressed a little more about our 'junk room', and then she didn't even show! I was so frustrated but she called and said she was having major car issues and she would be unable to come. We rescheduled for 9:00 this morning. The meeting went well and Cooper was well-behaved. After talking/touring for about an hour and a half, she was done and on her way. No worries there. Our next appointment will be on Friday afternoon, March 12 at her office. Soon after that, the home study will be complete and we can move on to the immigration process.
Everything has been moving so smoothly that I've been afraid that something is going to go major wrong. I was checking on immigration stuff tonight, as it's the next part of the process. Well, there may be our hiccup...the closest immigration office is in in the next state over! I thought that it would be easy since we were in the capital city and we would be able to make arrangements after work, lunch breaks, etc. NOPE! Grrrr! Oh well, I can only control the things I can control and this certainly isn't one of those! At least the home study is proceeding well. Maybe it will be done by Spring Break and I can get immigration papers started while I have some time off.
No comments:
Post a Comment