Monday, March 21, 2011

Pure joy? Really?

James 1:2-6
"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
If you need wisdom, ask your generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind."



There are a lot of things that I could be upset about right now...we should have our boy at home with us by now, the unknown medical issues we know we'll face once he's home, the state of Ethiopian adoption right now (I haven't had the heart to actually process this and write about it yet), I could go on...


Frankly, these things are more upsetting to us than you would ever know.  It's hard to put on a happy face and answer the questions about when we're going back to get him, having to honestly say that we don't know when we'll see him again.  It's torture having your child on the other side of the world and having no control over it....and well, I like to at least feel like I have some control over the situations I'm in.  I want him here to snuggle and love on.  I need to get him to the doctor because he has rickets and it's much more involved than we had expected before we met him.  We need to begin treatment and figure out what our future looks like and hopefully correct his issues (more on this later as well).  I don't necessarily find joy in any of these things.


What I do find joy in, though, is knowing that I don't know God's plan.  I know that what he has planned for us is more amazing than anything we could have ever wished or dreamed of.  I find comfort and joy in that...ha, tidings of comfort and joy.  I sound like a Christmas song.  And yes, I find joy in those too!  I just cracked myself up.  :)


We had fun with the bubble machine this evening.  
Oh, what am I going to do with one more boy in the house??




No comments:

Post a Comment