Thursday, December 23, 2010

White Christmas

Will we have one?  Ha!  This is Arkansas...probably not.  They say there may be a slight chance this year.  I doubt it.

Watching the movie, White Chrismtas, is one thing Justin and I have to do every year.  I think we took it from my mom's house the first Christmas we were married because we didn't want to spend money renting a movie and wanted something to do.  Neither of us had ever seen it.  Well, it's been a 'must' every year since.  I love the humor, the story line, the music, the actors.....  Gotta love some Bing Crosby!

We have it playing tonight and this song really says it all.  It's been hard for me to fall asleep with so much on my mind with planning and logistics and getting things ready....oh, and it's Christmas, right?  Don't have enough to do for that!  :)  I usually fall asleep lately thinking of that sweet little face, how thankful I am for him, and for the journey that has gotten us here.  SO thankful!

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings
When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep counting my blessings

I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds
If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment