No news...none. At least for the adoption. Yesterday marked three months of waiting for us and we did not move a single spot on the waiting list. There were no referrals of families ahead of us. Although, I believe a precious little girl from the waiting children list was placed with a brand new adoptive family. I know it's rainy season in Ethiopia and the courts have shut down for two months but referrals are still supposed to come in...so why aren't they?? Well, someone inquired about this on our CHI listserv yesterday and was told that the medical clinic (where the children are brought initially, before they go to an orphanage to be referred to families) was out of HIV test kits and were waiting on more but should receive more this week. It sounded like there were children waiting to be tested and then sent on to orphanages or transition homes so maybe this rainy season will produce a 'flood' of referrals for so many anxious families. Please keep this situation in your prayers!
It was so hard to go an entire month without moving up on the list when we had started out our wait moving very quickly.
You said bittersweet...where's the 'sweetness'?
Although yesterday was a difficult day in the adoption part of my life, it was also a very joyous day...I have my Master's Degree!!! Should have happened last December but whatever...at least it's over now. I haven't even taken a class since the Spring semester and have worked all summer trying to get the correct graduation requirements fulfilled. SO FRUSTRATING!! It's over and I just can't believe it! I wasn't expecting this level of relief-incredible. I just don't know what I'm going to do with my time. Wait....yes I do. I have to get Cooper into a big boy room and move all of his furniture to Baby Coco's room, paint his/her room, start planning bedding, work on major fundraisers such as Piece By Piece, a HUGE garage sale, photography, maybe a benefit dinner, plan Cooper's 3rd birthday party, make a Halloween costume, watch Toy Story for the millionth time........ Oh, and school (work) starts next week too. I'm thankful that God has lifted this burden and helped me complete this accomplishment of grad school at the perfect time.
No comments:
Post a Comment