Monday, September 13, 2010

Four Months Waiting and a Three-Year-Old!

Baskin Robbins is the sensible choice for the number 31 on Cooper's birthday, right?  Yes, we've waited patiently for 4 months so far.  Yes, it's true we're not always so patient.  Yes, when I say 'we' I mean 'me'.  Yes, we've been in the thirties for what seems like for-ev-er!  Things started to pick back up this month and the clinic received their DNA test kits and were able to start processing more kiddos and get them referred to families.  Maybe it will really pick up once rainy season is over...which is soon!

I haven't been in the mood to write lately.  I have felt really disconnected with the whole adoption process.  I know we need to be doing fund raising but I just can't bring myself to solicit my family.  I just don't even want to think about it.  I know we need to be preparing for this baby that will someday be a part of our family but for now, all we've done is get Coop's big boy room ready (oh so fun!!) and pile baby stuff in the soon-to-be nursery.  There are so many thoughts in my head that I've been wanting to write on here and let everyone know what's going through this head of mine but I just can't focus enough to get them in writing.  After working my tail off to get my graduation complete this summer and school starting this past month, my brain feels fried and my body is certainly worn out.  Maybe I'll find the inspiration to write soon but for now, sorry.  It's just not coming.  Believe me, there's more in this head of mine than you can imagine!  :)

Today is Cooper's third birthday!!  He is SO much fun and has changed a lot lately.  I find myself thinking, "OH how I love this kid!," often throughout the day.  He is so incredibly lovable.  You may remember that he's obsessed with Toy Story....well, he had to have a Toy Story birthday party on Saturday.  I'll give it a post of its own within the next few days but until then, here's a teaser!

No comments:

Post a Comment