Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Some more crazy ideas!

Cooper starts Mother's Day Out tomorrow and he's super pumped about getting to go to school.  We had to pack up extra clothes, a blanket, etc. for him to take and leave there.  While we were picking out his green blanket that he wanted so badly at Wally World, we decided to get him a little travel pillow as well.  Do they make tiny pillow cases for these things?  I have no idea.  That leads me to crazy idea #1 of the evening...I'll go home and sew up a quick little pillow case and Cooper can pick out what kind of fabric he wants!  I got the usual eye roll from the husband, ignored it, and told Coop how much fun it would be.  Heeheehee.  He "shopped" in my wall o' fabric and picked the blue puppies.  Isn't it cute?  Don't worry, it didn't take long but it also didn't get ironed before cut and sewn so it's a little wrinkled.

Crazy idea #2...I saw that there is a 2 month old baby girl on the waiting child list for our agency.  She has some somewhat unknown special needs and is SO beautiful and SO tiny!  Still not quite 7 lbs. yet and 2 mo. old.   We are approved for special needs to some extent but the past week (since being on the waiting list) I have thought long and hard about expanding our preferences to include other, maybe long term special needs.  This baby has a very interesting story and she is in NEED of a loving home.  We requested her information and more medical records that weren't posted on the website.  She was just posted this evening and I know of at least 2 families for sure who have requested her information before us.  We'll see what happens.  If we are able to review her records, I'll request to have someone at Arkansas Children's Hospital check them out and see what all she may need.  I'm so excited to think that there's even a possibility of getting this teeny tiny beauty!  Please pray!  I'll update with more as soon as I find out anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment