Sunday, May 2, 2010

Crazy Weekend

My thoughts have been a whirlwind the past few days and I feel like I need to "write" it all down or it will be gone.  This might get long-be forewarned.

Friday:  I got a call from Justin at about 1:30 pm saying the 171-H wasn't in the mail that day either.  I was super sad and was upset that I had to now stay at school and work.  I had planned on leaving early to get the dossier certified and mailed off to the agency.

That night, storms started ripping though Arkansas.  I can NOT handle tornado storms.  :::It takes me back to when Cooper was 7 months old, a tornado was coming, the sirens were going off, hail was beating against the house, we heard that it would be coming down some streets close to us, the power went out, I was rocking him (asleep) hunched on the floor with Justin hovered over us, and we heard it go over our house.  That's a sound I never want to hear again.  Never, will I ever, be able to keep my sanity during a tornado storm after this day.:::  We got the bathroom ready, Cooper flipped out because I was taking all of his toys out of the bathtub, we all put shoes and socks on (just in case), unplugged the computer, packed all of the dossier documents into the bathroom cabinet.  You know, all of the normal things you do when you think a tornado is about to destroy your home.  This IS normal, right?
All of our precious documentation, months of work, needed to stay safe.  After all, besides the three of us, it's the most important 'belonging' of the household.  After many hours of literally shaking while watching the weather, the storms finally went on through the state and we were able to sleep.

Saturday:  We all slept in a little so that was nice and Cheeburger Cheeburger it was for lunch!  We stayed around that shopping center for a bit, looking for a lovey for the baby.  I really want one just like Cooper's, just a yellow giraffe.  Who knows if such thing exists, but I want one.  :)  After no luck we decided to head home.
Oh, yeah!  That's exactly what you think it is!  Our GOLDEN TICKET!!!  The 171-H has arrived!  We will be on the waiting list soon.  Monday will be the day to get the dossier state certified at the Secretary of State's office and then FedExed to CHI.  I can't believe it!

More tornado storms and back in the bathroom cabinet went the dossier...this time, an even more important piece of paper went in there with it all.

Sunday:  We woke up to this...
Oh, how he loves his Handy Manny!  After church we had to finish up taking pictures for the dossier.
Eh, it's okay, I guess.  I like these MUCH better!  We were having fun reading/singing Old McDonald before changing from church clothes to play clothes.
Then it was off to go play outside!  It's been way to wet and stormy to do that this weekend.  On go the Monkey Boots!
He has no idea the ground is way too wet to be watering those weeds!
I guess playing outside was hard work........isn't he sweet?

Well, tomorrow will be filled with good stress and excitement as I get the dossier sent off.  The "hurry up" is now over and the looong "wait" begins.  Please pray for our baby and it's health and safety, along with his/her mommy.  I know I've said this before, but I have no idea what circumstances this birthmom will have to face within the next year.  I can't imagine.  Please pray for her comfort, hope, understanding.  I've had her on my mind a lot lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment