Saturday, April 3, 2010

Keeping my mind busy

We sent off immigration papers a week ago and I just KNEW I would have some kind of confirmation from then that they had gotten it on Monday or even that they'd scheduled our fingerprinting appointment...nope.  This week has thankfully gone by quickly.

I was able to get my grad class finished up on Wednesday....woo hoo!!  All I have left is to finish a research proposal in a little over 2 weeks and take the Praxis II PLT.  That's it!  Almost done with grad school.  I'm starting to breathe a little easier.

Spring means time for change, right?  Well, Cooper is certainly changing quickly into a big boy!  He's pretty much daytime potty trained and so proud of himself.  Last night we finally converted his crib into a toddler bed.  He wasn't quite sure about it but then he slept late this morning and never moved.  I'm so proud of him.  I'm so sad he's not a baby anymore but I think this is a really cool age, getting to see him accomplish bigger things.  Sadly, he hates to get his picture taken so I don't have many of those these days but here's one from last night in his bed with the 'baby' parts taken away and the new 'big boy' parts put on.













Last year I had a small garden but I didn't get much out of it.  Halfway through the summer, I decided not to keep going with it so I just let it go.  This year I'm doing it right and going big.  Also, I'm going to try a homemade rainwater drip irrigation system.  Here are some preliminary pictures.













You know I love a good project, right?  Well, Easter is tomorrow and I decided to get crafty.  My mom and my sister's family came over for dinner and Easter eggs.  I had blown out the centers of some eggs (the most disgusting thing I have EVER done in my life!  eeeww!) to be decorated and made into an Easter egg tree and then we dyed others to be hunted with the plastic ones.  I can't wait to see Cooper hunt these eggs tomorrow!













We're still collecting garage sale items from friends for our sale one week from today that will benefit the adoption fund.  Uh, I think we have enough.  :)













So far, I've done a good job at keeping my mind off of waiting on USCIS info.  I'll be better once I get notification of when our next appointment will be.  Throughout the years, I have reminded myself that God's timing isn't our timing to help me cope with being impatient or frustrated about whatever is going on and that God is in control.  There's so much more to it than that, though.  I have been reminded this week that God's timing is perfect.  Perfect.  Always.  That brings peace to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment