After being in the car for 4 hours for a 10 minute fingerprinting appointment with USCIS on Friday, I was curious how long it would take to get our 171-H (immigration approval) form in the mail. I started doing searches on the Yahoo! group I belong to and I was finding that people consistently waited about 6 weeks to get this form.
Today marks the second business day since fingerprinting and I was a little discouraged when I realized I missed a call. Who was it? An officer from the Department of Homeland Security. She wanted me to call her back. What? I will actually get to talk to a REAL person on the phone? This has got to be a joke. I called her back and apparently I forgot to put in a copy of our home study agency's license. She said it was fine if I faxed or emailed it to her. Seriously? I was just sent an electronic copy of the document yesterday and it was in my inbox. No problem. I ask how long it will take to get word of approval (171-H) after she receives the agency license. She said it would be put in the mail TODAY!! And you know what? She replied to my email later in the afternoon saying that we should get it in the mail shortly. So not only did a real person call me, answer my call back to her direct line, allow me to directly email her, but she replied to my message. I have not ever had anyone get this kind of service and I'll tell you I stalk a lot of adoption blogs!
This is just one more way that I know God has this whole thing orchestrated perfectly.

No comments:
Post a Comment