I'm sad tonight. I just want my baby. Last week was long and tough and it's almost Monday morning again. I just feel deflated. Between work, grad school, family, gathering the great paper trail we call a dossier, and all of my extra-curriculars that I am trying to give up, there's not much left of me. Too many irons in the fire and it's almost down to embers.
I was so busy last week that I didn't get a chance to update at all so here's the abbreviated version...
Last weekend: We had our second Community Day at Levy Church of Christ. Our small group was in charge of food and we served a LOT of chicken fried steak, veggies, rolls and cookies. We were able to feed some people who truly appreciated what we had to offer and that feels so good. Our turnout was about twice what it was last year and many Bible studies were conducted as a result.
Monday: It was Monday...need I say more?
Tuesday: Our friends, Teague and Robert, came over for dinner with their newly adopted boys from Ethiopia, Effeson and Biruk. They are adorable! Cooper loved them and they played well together. I can not believe I didn't take pictures of them all together. We are hoping to see them again sometime next month so I'll have to remember the camera then!
Wednesday: Not a good day. First of all, Spring in Arkansas = TORNADOES!! Terrible night for weather. I can not handle tornado sirens...I just think they make things worse. Also, we got some not-so-good news from our agency about the adoption law changing in Ethiopia. It deserves it's own post though.
Thursday: Big Boy Undies!! We're diving into potty training. Cooper is very resistant but he loves his Cars underwear and putting stickers on his chart. We'll see how this goes. We also got our background checks done this day and I'm glad to announce that I'm not married to a felon!
Friday: We had our second home study appointment and Justin went without me, as I couldn't get off work and only one of us was needed.
Saturday: We accomplished a few more things to check off the dossier list. One of them was to get color copies of certain pages of our passports. The lady at Kinko's said we weren't allowed to copy ID's in color...only in B&W. We explained what it was for and she went ahead and did it. On the way home, we talked about how nice people have been about getting documentation quickly once they hear that we need these things for international adoption. So many people have changed their tune and moved things along quickly for us. We have been so blessed to encounter kind-hearted people so far. Saturday was Olivia's birthday. I can't believe she's 8!!
Today: We are blessed. God is good. I feel like he has taken this tiny little Bottle Bank idea and is making it more than we could have ever dreamed of. Every time we go to church, someone is either asking for a bottle or giving a full one to us and asking for another! I think of the fish and loaves every time I pour out a bottle of change to count and roll it, thinking about the sheer amount of change we have been collecting and it only started out with a tiny little thought. The Piece By Piece site will be updated tomorrow with pictures and amounts that have been in each bottle. I think they are averaging about $30 per bottle. It's just pocket change but it certainly adds up to great amounts! To those of you who are collecting your 'extras', thank you. We know how valuable every penny is to all of us and we are so thankful that you have chosen to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment