I've had a week to process this news and I know I've told a few of you about this but I guess in my head, it hasn't really been real because it hasn't been put on 'the blog.' Reality starts now...
When will I learn to never say "never" again? I learned this from Fifel (An American Tale) as a small child, so why in the world have I not practiced it? When we first started thinking about international adoption, we didn't even look into some of the eastern European countries because that required two travel trips. This solidified our choice of Ethiopia because I only wanted to travel once. I could NEVER travel half-way around the world, meet my child, hug, snuggle, and love on them and then leave to come home without them. NEVER.....really? This is what I get for that. God's telling me, "Really? You can't do that? Watch this....you can do anything....ANYTHING! Just trust and obey." The announcement was made last week that the Ethiopian government is now requiring adoptive parents to be present at a court hearing to state their commitment to the adoption in front of a judge. We will be able to meet our child and be with him/her for a few days before coming home and leaving them behind. Once the adoption is finalized, we will travel to attend the visa meeting and bring our baby home.
So many thoughts have been going through my head....another week away from Cooper, arrangements for his care, another week away from work for both of us, and the cost. It could be $4-5,000 extra that we weren't planning on. Every time I get to worrying, this voice in my head whispers, 'trust and obey,' and then I get this vision of Jesus talking to Peter saying, "Do you love me?" Nothing about this will make us change our minds. We are totally committed and as I've said before, I have never wanted anything more. We're just being reminded over and over that we're not in control. If I can keep from being frustrated, it's a very humbling experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment