Let me start by saying how thankful I am to have the opportunity to do mission work. Although I have felt Satan try to roadblock every step of the way, God has provided everything I have needed thus far. My family will be taking care of my kids/husband while I'm gone, my sweet friend has done all of our travel arrangements, my church has provided funding, and so many friends and family have given donations to take. This trip has seemed somewhat effortless so far. I don't mean to get too comfortable, though. Like I said in my last post, there's risk in this trip. There always is.
I have a few prayer requests for our trip. I will be gone March 18-27 and most of the group will be staying until about April 1.
*Safety, in air and in country-I hate flying and have anxiety issues with it
*Open hearts of those we minister to and that God shows Himself big time!
*My family-that my boys are safe and sleep well, my inlaws as they help take care of the boys, and for my sweet husband as he is Mr. Mom
*My health-that my back stays strong and none of us get sick
*My grandmother-she's not doing well and I pray I'll have the opportunity to see her again when I get home
As well as we've planned and as much as we pray, I know not everything will go exactly as planned. A friend has recently said that when things don't go exactly as planned, it's an opportunity for God to show Himself. That gives me much comfort in reminding myself that He's in control and His plan is better than anything I could ever dream up. So, I must trust and obey.
No comments:
Post a Comment