In a time of social media encouraging so many of us to either put a fake face forward or feel inferior to those who post a picture of life perfection, I'll take a few minutes and get real. No guilt.
I admit it, I don't:
*Shower every morning...sometimes I can't fit it in until nighttime
*Have a spotless, organized house
*Scrub the shower and change sheets as often as I'd like
*Make my own laundry detergent...there's not much that beats Charlie's Soap
*Plan fantastic outings for my kids
*Homeschool...or even plan to right now
*Bring home a paycheck
*Love every second of every day staying home with my kids
*Read my Bible and study like I want to
*Cloth diaper Silas like I did Cooper...don't ask!
*Shop very often or have very many cute clothes
But I do:
*Meal plan as healthy as our budget allows
*Splurge on a Target $1 bin treat now and then
*Get crafty with my kids
*Let my kids get dirty
*Try to have alone time with each kid a few times a week
*Knit/crochet/sew when I feel good
*Use a cash only, envelope system for budgeting
*Try to garden
*Limit TV time
*Discipline and teach my children to the best of my ability
*Limit processed foods and chemicals in my home
*Rest!
*Make time to have fun with friends
Looking at my 'Don't's it allows me to realize what goals I need to make for myself. It also reminds me that some things may be important to others but aren't priorities of mine and that's okay. I'm really okay with not doing the popular thing or something just because it's what society or a group of people believes you're 'supposed to' do.
Looking at my 'Do's it allows me to see what I value. It's a good reminder sometimes. I see how intentional choices I've made the past 2 years are playing out in my family and I like the way it looks. It's the result of goal setting over time. I'm getting comfortable in this season where God has me. There you go...realness.
No comments:
Post a Comment