He's come a long way. He crawls, cruises, and took his first three steps Friday night! He hasn't done any more since then and I doubt he will for a while. We'll just keep watching. He learned to clap and grasp toys. Then he learned to pinch and finally put food in his mouth a few days before his first birthday. He learned how to nap in a quiet room all by himself for longer than a few minutes at a time...that was quite an accomplishment! And exhausting for me! He's still not great at it but at least he sleeps well at night. He transitioned from formula and cereal (the only food he had for the first 10 months of life) into a full diet just like ours. Now he eats everything he can get his hands on and begs for more. It took a while, but we taught him to play with toys, rather than just the people in the room. He needed to be able to have a curiosity about objects and figure them out on his own. He will now go play by himself from time to time and is curious about new things and spaces and has a need to check them out. As far as his health goes, we got word while I was in the hospital that he no longer has rickets! So thankful! He's also getting up to date with his shots and is about at the 50th %ile in just about every area.
He's also gotten verbal and does little 'tricks'. He gives kisses, blows kisses, can "vrrrrroom" a car, says "bye-bye" and waves, "hiiiii!!!" with a wave, "mama", "dada", "moh!" (more), "muck" (milk), "bbbroooose" (shoes...doesn't make sense, I know), "thiiiis?", "uh-tiz-it" (what is it?), and DANCES! He's got some moves, let me tell you! He makes us laugh so much.
He also loves his brother. Those boys are absolutely smitten with each other. I have so many stories about funny things Cooper says about him but this one comes from yesterday. We were listening to a song at lunch that had the African Children's Choir in it. I had explained to Cooper who they were and where Uganda was. He said to me, "I like African kids......I really like OUR African kid." He makes me smile.
So to answer the question, Silas is doing great.
That makes me laugh too!!! :)
ReplyDelete