One of the perks of staying at the Ethiopian Guest House is that you get a complimentary massage. Ahhhhh... So nice! We scheduled ours for this morning right after breakfast because we were told that we didn't have anything scheduled until the afternoon. The translator and driver would be busy in the morning picking up the other family from the airport. We weren't expecting to have anywhere to be until a while after lunch. I had my massage second and as I was coming down the stairs I saw that Hermella was talking to Justin, saying we had to leave right then. What? We needed a serious shower after getting greased down from the massage! Oh well. We packed up the baby and then headed on to the House of Hope so the others could get their kids and we could take pictures for our friends. After lunch at the House of Hope Guest Home we went back to our guest home.
This was the day I realized there was a reason (well, more than one but...) that God does not allow women to birth 20 pound + babies. My arms were not used to lugging him around and now that I'd done it for the third day, my arms were getting tired. As I held him to give him a bottle on my left arm, without any support again, I pulled a muscle in my shoulder. I figure the massage loosened it up earlier in the morning and when I used the next time, it was strained. Ouch! It was difficult to hold him, change clothes, shower... What a big boy he is!
That afternoon, we went to fill out our paperwork for our Embassy appointment Monday! It took all of a few minutes and we were off to go shopping with the other two families and their kids. I wanted to get some scarves, jewelry, coffee, etc. as souvenirs for friends and family.
The rest of the evening was spent enjoying our sweet baby a little more before his bedtime. We were so thankful that he was consistently sleeping from 7 pm to 6 am!!
He got to see his nanny friends wen we went back.
That afternoon, we went to fill out our paperwork for our Embassy appointment Monday! It took all of a few minutes and we were off to go shopping with the other two families and their kids. I wanted to get some scarves, jewelry, coffee, etc. as souvenirs for friends and family.
The rest of the evening was spent enjoying our sweet baby a little more before his bedtime. We were so thankful that he was consistently sleeping from 7 pm to 6 am!!
No comments:
Post a Comment