We got up and ready Friday morning and went to the National Museum. The other couples who were coming to get their kids weren't scheduled to be there until that night or early the next morning so we were by ourselves with our translator. The museum isn't exactly what most Americans would expect to see. Because of my semester overseas during college, I was able to see all kinds of small museums and this really wasn't much different than those. There were artifacts from the different regions of the country, pottery, weaved baskets, old farming tools, etc. Pretty interesting to me. I love learning about other cultures, especially how they 'used to be.'
Two strange things in this museum. Lucy-Said to be the oldest found skeleton. They say she's a hominid (ape/human hybrid species). A painting of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden-They were apes. Apparently there's a theory that meshes Darwin's evolution and God's creation together. I couldn't help but laugh. I thought it was so strange! Never heard of that before!
I had Silas in the Moby the whole time and he was great! He slept some, peeked out some. So sweet. There were a lot of school kids there that day and we got lots of looks, if you can imagine. There were several girls who came up to us and wanted to play with him. :) As we left, there were a few more groups of smaller kids outside and they were playing London Bridges and singing it in English. Oh, how I love their little accents! So precious...I had a hard time not staring.
We got back to the guest house, had lunch and then napped! Oh, it was so nice to actually sleep. We ended up declining the afternoon outing to Entoto Mountain because we were napping on and off all afternoon. Now that I know what I missed, I kind of regret that decision. Maybe we'll have an opportunity to go back and see it someday. Friday was such a lazy day but we enjoyed just being there, getting over jet lag, and getting to know Silas without much hustle and bustle. I was so thankful for coming a few days early.
No comments:
Post a Comment