Wednesday, March 30
After a long trip there, we finally made it to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia at around 8 am. We went down the stairs to the visa line and it was short! There were only about 6 people ahead of us in line and it didn't take long at all. Last time, we waited in line for well over an hour. Such a relief. Then, we went to get our luggage and exchange money. When we got through security one more time (yeah, they scan your bags once again, after you get them from the conveyor belt at baggage claim) we found our Ethiopian Guest Home translator who took our bags out to the van.
When we got to EGH and checked in, I called our in country director to ask when we were able to come get Silas. I figured we would get cleaned up, eat lunch, and then go get him. Instead, I was told that we would have to wait. Our translator had asked for that day off and so there was no one to come get us and we would have to wait until tomorrow. Maybe 9 am. I was angry...sitting on the bed sobbing, exhausted, disappointed. Justin came in from showering to see me like this. How happy was he? Yeah, right.
If we were aware of this before, we would have made arrangements to go sightseeing or visit a ministry in town. At this point, it was too late for any of that. I mean, our baby was only 10 minutes away and we couldn't go get him! I wished we would have just came the next day instead. We booked our flights almost a week before this so you can't tell me no one knew we were coming. Whatever.
I had to just let go of my frustration and make the most of the day...napping.
We didn't even take a single picture this day.
No comments:
Post a Comment