Saturday, January 9, 2010
That 'Pregnant Glow'
I went to the doctor yesterday...no, not pregnant! I also didn't go because I'm sick but because the agency needs documentation that I don't have anything contageous and can physically/mentally take care of a child....ha! I've been a little nervous about how our adoption will be perceived by everyone and since we haven't told anyone yet, I'm not used to talking about it to anyone but Justin. Yesterday, as I was explaining my reason for the appointment to the nurse, she was so interested and kept asking questions. It made me feel so good. Then, when the doctor came in, we talked some more about it. He signed off on everything and we discussed future wellness documentation about vaccinations and such that I'll probably have to have when traveling to Africa. He was wonderful and said that if he needed to personally take this letter to the bank to get it notarized, then that's what he'd do, since there isn't a notary at his office anymore. I'm sure I had this rediculous grin on my face because I was smiling so big it hurt...you know the kind. I couldn't help it, though. He told me that he was happy for us and that he could see my excitement. He said I had that 'Pregnant Glow'!!! Really? Me? Pregnant Glow? How exciting!! All I could say was a quiet, "Thank you," with that silly grin still on my face. And then he said, "Congratulations." I'm not sure if I was ready for this yet. I guess it was one more step towards making this journey REAL. Until this point, it has seemed a little surreal. I was congratulated for my child? MY child? I'm so excited, I have no words!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment