Step One is Complete!!
We sent in the application on Wednesday!! It feels SO good! We should be informed when it arrives at Children's Hope International. It could take up to 2 weeks to find out if we are approved. But of course, I have no reason to think we may be rejected. Regardless, I can't wait to find out if we are an official adoptive family!
I made sure we took a picture before we dropped it off at the post office. Thank goodness for extended hours, though. Like I have said before, I had some difficulty getting the correct medical information about myself and it needed to be notarized. After a week of waiting and having it done incorrectly, I decided to print a clean letter, have the doctor sign it and just have my mom do it because she's a notary. I made her promise to not ask questions because there was no way I was going to explain the reason for needing the notarizing of the letter. She can't figure out what it's about and I love it! :) She'll find out soon.
On another note...My friend, Lindsey, and I helped out a wonderful ministry called Holy Sews last Sunday. I taught myself to knit this time last year and I have been impressed with what all I have been able to do. You never know when a skill like that will come in handy. Our friends were attending a marriage seminar with us at our church and Lindsey asked me if I would like to come help out with something she was doing that afternoon. She said there was a lady who was getting ready supplies/materials to sew layette for premature babies who have passed away. This lady she was talking about, Regina, lost a baby through stillbirth and did not have access to appropriate layette or burial clothing so she realized the need that others may encounter also. I LOVE to create anyting possible so this was right up my alley! I was excited to go and see what this was all about and happy to help. We asked what we could do and they asked if I knew how to knit. I said, 'Of course,' and they gave me yarn and needles and let me loose! It's amazing how God finds ways to use talents, isn't it? Lindsey matched layette, sorted and packed it up for several orderd they had. She is a NICU nurse at ACH and has recently introduced me to Jodie, a mom of babies she took care of back in August. One of Jodie's babies, Eli, passed away and she is getting involved in this ministry also. Please take a minute to check out the ministry and if you have another minute, check out Jodie's beautiful family. I hugely admire this super sweet mama!
http://mcginleybabyjourney.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-holy-sews-work-day.html
No comments:
Post a Comment