Monday, June 10, 2013

Following up on my last post


::Read the post below this first if you haven't read it yet::
 
I was waiting to update the last post because there was more to the story that unfolded the next day.  However, that's no longer the case (long story) and we are moving forward with these pretty little necklaces.  I've made more designs and will be working on even more today and tomorrow.  I love the way these look when the light hits them!  They can go on any chain you already have or can be added to a chain with a cross or other pendant.
 
The donation button is in the post below: $10 if you're local, $12 if you need it shipped.  Please specify which design you would like and make sure your shipping address is included.
Designs: pink paisley, blue paisley, chevron, diagonal stripe
(I made some for a friend with a photograph as well
so if you have a specific request, I can do that too!)
 
Another way to help...
Last time, we had a couple of HUGE garage sales that many families donated towards and they generated a lot of funds.  This time, we don't have time to get all that organized but are willing to take any items you would like to get rid of and we will sell them on Craigslist.  If you have small appliances, furniture, etc. that you are wanting to part with just let us know.  God provided for our last adoption through everyone's 'extras'.  We are all so abundantly blessed with more than we need and it's pretty cool to see how God works through it.

Would you please pray for us?  Like I've said before, I won't put a lot of the personal information out there about "P" and her situation because I don't feel it's my place to do so.  However, her situation and life choices affect our family and we are getting to know her better and better as time goes on.
*We are getting close to the end and stress levels are rising.  We all need peace.
*Strength for all parties
*Finances
*Healthy baby

We have some pretty incredible friends who ask about the adoption often and are so supportive.  Thank you.  I know this isn't a common situation for adding children into families and there are so many variables and unknowns.  For those of you navigating this with us, you have no idea how great it is to have you by our side.  We understand you may not always know what to say or how to support us...truth is, we're not always sure of what we need!  As of now, we need lots of prayer and a little financial support.  God knows how this works out already and He wouldn't have sent us down this road without a purpose.  I'm anxious to see how it all works out!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren H. posted about your fundraiser and I've just been reading through your blog. I want to find a picture of my nephews and have one made for my SIL.

    Your family is beautiful. Your story is such a beautiful story of God's love.

    Through a surprise domestic adoption we are also expecting; a little girl in the middle of July. We've shared with a few people but aren't sharing publicly until the relinquishment papers are signed. But your P's story sounds so similar to our BM's story that I couldn't help but say hi!

    I also wanted to share that our sons domestic adoption cost a lot more than we had planned; like sobbing on the floor in shock wondering how we were going to do it. But God provided. and He will provide for yours. Many prayers as you continue to raise the funds and for your sweet boy to come home in July.

    XO

    ReplyDelete