Wednesday, April 17, 2013

We are matched! And other updates...

Just a few quick updates...

We got our match!!  On the morning of March 14 I was texting Kandi, our agency director, when she replied with, "Okay, I'm standing here talking with who I think will be your birth mother.  I'll call you soon."  What!?!?  My heart started to race, I texted that to Justin and another friend and waited with crazy anticipation!  I waited around not sure whether I should go ahead and shower or not...you know, as soon as I stepped in the shower the phone was sure to ring.  So I waited... 

A couple of hours later she called and this is the information I was given (at least some of it-I won't go into personal information about her online or any information that I would consider to be the baby's background story):
"Mama P" is 26
It's a BOY!!
She has several children
She lives locally
She has requested that I be at all doctor appointments and in the delivery room  YAY!!
Once the baby comes she would like a closed adoption but would like to get to know us in the meantime
She's due in July
She's very easy to talk to and funny
Her life is somewhat of a mess right now but she's working to get it straight

Wow, I just can't believe we're going to have THREE boys!  Sigh...

I asked Kandi later that day what it was about us that made her choose us.  I know she looked at 4 families and we were her pick but I was curious as to 'why us?'  She said she just felt like we were it. We were the first book she looked at and didn't really want to look at others because her mind was made up.  She liked that we already had kids, that we had adopted before, that we had Silas, and she just liked the way we looked.

The next step in the process was to meet each other and make sure this is what both of us want.  We met with Amy, our coordinator, for lunch that next Wednesday.  It was Justin, me, Amy, 'P', and her 3 boys at Chick-Fil-A.  We ate and talked for about 2 hours.  Luckily, there weren't many awkward moments and we left there feeling confident in her decision, feeling like this was the perfect match.  We already love her!  She said she had a doctor's appointment the next Monday and she wanted me there.  Wow, it just feels good.

Monday, March 25, 2013 was my 30th birthday!!  The best birthday present I could have ever gotten was seeing our future baby boy wiggling around on the ultrasound screen and hearing his sweet heartbeat!  Yes, feels really good.  After giving 'P' a few hugs, I left the appointment with ultrasound pictures and a full heart.  Is this really happening?

Last week I went to her next appointment with her and was able to get some maternity clothing to her, for which she was very grateful.  I love getting to know her and be with her throughout the pregnancy. The due date is mid-July but there are many factors that are pointing towards him coming early so we shall see!

This adoption will be different than Silas' was, as I plan to keep any identifying information for her private since she would like a closed adoption.  However, I know many are curious about what all is going on with us and this isn't exactly a common situation so there may be lots of questions. If you ever want to know anything please ask.  I love discussing adoption, how God is working through this situation, and would be more willing to answer slightly more personal questions in person instead of online.  I'll be blogging about how very apparent God has been through the past month very soon because I have lots to say about it but I needed to get the update out there for everyone first.

One more piece of information you may be wondering about...this is not our baby yet and she has the right to change her mind at any point before we go to court.  We are all feeling confident about the match, she is very set in her decision, and we are planning the nursery as if we are bringing him home from the hospital this summer.  All the while, we know there is a chance this may not happen.  This is no surprise to us and we knew this when we signed up for it but we have to move forward as if it's happening for good.  Yes, if she backed out we would be devastated...but we are loving with risk.  We're in this knowing God is in control and we have no idea how this journey will end but we are trusting that He's sovereign.

No comments:

Post a Comment