I've had a hard time really being excited about this adoption. I'm not really sure why, but I haven't. Since Christmas, I've started to gather some baby goods!
*We returned our crib that both boys used due to the recall several years ago finally and got a FULL refund! It just so happens that while we were at Target we saw some cribs on clearance and bought one. Now we have extra money on a gift card that we can buy some other things we will need! The crib is beautiful and it's just cool to have something brand new for this baby, as most other things will have gone through 2 kids.
*Our infant carseat carrier is now over 5 years old so we had to get rid of it and get a new one of those.
*Thanks to Zulily, I got a new fabulous diaper bag super cheap!
*A packNplay...we borrowed a bassinet when Cooper was born but I didn't have anything good for the new baby to sleep in with us when it gets here. I found a like-new packNplay at Rhea Lana the other day that has a bassinet level in it for a fantastic price.
*There are a couple of other things that we borrowed for Cooper and didn't need for Silas such as a playmat/gym thing and a swing that I was able to find used at Rhea Lana recently.
I think all we have left to get are gender specific things such as bedding, clothing, and paint for the accent wall in the nursery to match the bedding.
There are so few things we can plan about this adoption that it feels good to be somewhat prepared with the 'stuff' we may need. Hoping we get our call soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment